A impact hazard may exist under the following conditions:
1. Where the activation system does not open the door/s sufficiently to allow a person walking at normal pace or
2. Where the activation system does not have a field wide enough to detect a person using the doorway when fully opened or
3. Where all lines of approach of traffic are not capable of item 1 or
4. The type and quantity of sensor is incorrect for the profile characteristics of the users of the doorway; e.g. elderly, infirm, disability and young children.
Methods to safe guard and minimise impact hazard:
1. Adjust or replace the sensor so as to allow the door to open for a person walking at normal pace.
2. Adjust or replace the sensor to allow the sensor to have a field wide enough to cover the full width of the daylight door opening.
3. Add additional sensors or replace the existing sensor to ensure that all approach paths / all potential users are capable of opening the doors at normal pace.
If you have any questions, please drop us a line or give us a call on 02 9757 4600.
- Australian made, manufactured locally
- 30+ years experience
- Export to 20+ countries
- Three-year parts warranty
- Custom made to fit