Head or Body Entrapment Hazard
A head or body entrapment hazard exists under the following conditions:
1. The distance between the rear of the sliding door and adjacent parts surrounding is less than 200mm (body trap).
2. The distance between the rear of the sliding door and adjacent parts surrounding is less than 500mm (body trap).
3. The distance between the door and the sidelight or wall that it opens over is greater than 250mm (body trap).
Methods to safe guard and minimise head and body hazard:
1. Add presence sensors to cover the full length of the doors opening stroke plus the width of the danger zone combined with a safety hazard warning sign and/or
2. Add safety guard screens, screens must cover the length of the stroke of the door, be a minimum of 2m high, be pivotable to allow cleaning, shall be secured by tool or equal protection so that children shall not readily be able to open them, climb up them or get under them.
If you have any questions, please drop us a line or give us a call on 02 9757 4600.
- Australian made, manufactured locally
- 30+ years experience
- Export to 20+ countries
- Three-year parts warranty
- Custom made to fit